Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Snow? What the Heck?

Okay, remember how I was gushing about the 80 degree weather in March? Yeah, now it's April and snowing. Go figure.

I think I've figured out what happened, though: Hades and Persephone must have gotten into some domestic quarrel (Zeus only knows what about) back in March, she stormed out of the Underworld and went to stay with her mother a month earlier than usual, causing that weird heat wave. Now, of course, they've both had time apart to cool down and think, so they've realized what a silly argument it was, how childishly they behaved, etc. Hades isn't allowed upstairs except on the Winter Solstice, so Persephone went back to talk it out with him. The good news? Once they've kissed and made up, I imagine she'll come right back up to hastily undo this cold spell and give the mortals a nice harvest (and she'll be in a better mood, so we'll have a pleasant summer).

See, I can't be pissed about the snow when I imagine this as the cause--after all, I would feel bad too if I'd left my husband for six months without saying an affectionate good-bye (and sending your apology via Hermes just doesn't cut it), so I don't blame her.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter and/or Passover.
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment